Commitment by Patient
- Do not attend if you have been diagnosed with or show any symptoms of Covid-19. You also need to be clear from any symptoms for at least 14 days: fever, persistent cough, loss of sense of smell/taste. Be especially aware if combined with any of the following possible symptoms: unexplained rash, unusual markings/rash on toes, severe headache, severe fatigue
- Do not attend if you have recently travelled abroad and therefore need to self-isolate for 10 days. This time can now be shortened if you are cleared by the Test to Release Scheme.
- Do not attend if you have been in contact with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 10 days and you are self-isolating
- Regularly disinfect everyday equipment which comes into contact with your hands before your arrival: mobile phone, keys, bank cards, car steering wheel…
- Attend appointments alone where possible and preferably travel alone by foot/bike or car.
- If possible, put on a clean mask upon arrival.
- Wait in the car park until collected by the practitioner. Adhere to 2m distancing once collected.
- Allow the practitioner to open/close doors. You will enter the practice using the back door.
- You will then attend the hygiene station, where you will be required to use the alcohol hand sanitiser. Try not to touch your face afterwards and re-apply alcohol gel if you do need to do so. Your temperature will also be taken – unfortunately a high temperature will mean no treatment will be possible. The clinic’s QR code is available at the hygiene station to scan on your Track and Trace app. My own personal QR code linked only to me is available in the treatment room.
- Bring along your own large bath towel (and any extra towels if having used them before, for instance for lower back support)
- Leave the practice via the waiting room, where you can pay and possibly re-book and then use the front door to exit, all the time adhering to the 2m distancing rules. If possible, pay electronically.
- If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 10 days after leaving the clinic of your last appointment, please notify the clinic immediately. In the eventuality that the practitioner gets symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of having close contact with you during the appointment and then later tests positive, I am obligated under law to provide your name, phone number or email and the date and time of your visit to the Test and Trace service. Please note that by attending the appointment you give consent for this. I am happy to confirm however that, on top of still having anti-bodies present in December 2020, I now also have received both doses of vaccine.
- Putting all the measures in place have led to considerably increased costs per patient, often being forced to acquire equipment at inflated prices. To contribute in a small part towards that, I will be adding a £1 surcharge temporarily. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Commitment by the Practitioner:
- Extra time allocated per patient, to allow for extra measures and cleaning in between appointments. Please be aware that you might spend slightly more than an hour in the clinic per appointment to allow for extra checks.
- All hard surfaces will be disinfected in between each patient. All soft furnishings are now wipe-clean only. Clean needling techniques will apply as they did before. The clinic room will also be aired in between patients. A HEPA filter is installed in addition.
- To accommodate the extra time needed to see the same patient numbers, I have changed my timetable. Please check my website’s homepage for details.
- I will collect patients from the car park, open and close doors, and take each patient through the safe practice protocol, confirming having done so on set checklists on patient notes.
- The practitioner will adhere to the usual clinic/hand hygiene already in place before the Covid-19 issues and additionally will wear daily laundered scrubs, a clean facemask, disposable gloves, apron and eye protection before approaching the patient for treatment purposes. I have taken and passed the WHO “Hand Hygiene”, “How to put on PPE” and “Infection Prevention and Control for Novel Corona Virus” courses. In addition, I have also passed several NHS hygiene and infection control courses related to vaccination and am a trained vaccinator.
- I have made sure to re-arrange the treatment room, to give us enough space so that the 2m distancing rule can be adhered to (apart from above mentioned approach to needle), therefore limiting the closer contact time.
- When the treatment is finished, the practitioner will safely dispose of any PPE equipment used in hazardous waste bags and the 2m distancing rule will re-apply.
- The practitioner will guide the patient to the waiting area (no or limited chairs available, unfortunately), where the patient can pay and possibly re-book. Please adhere to 2m distancing rule to save our fellow practitioners, patients and desk staff. The clinic has its own safe practice protocol in place, so desk employees will have their own protocols to adhere to, including disinfecting the payment machines after every use and heavy traffic areas at regular time intervals.
You will be given the following consent form to sign on arrival. Please go through it now BEFORE attending the clinic: Covid-19 consent form
Nadia Sempels – www.nadiasempelsacupuncture.co.uk