Commitment by Patient
- Do not attend if you have been diagnosed with or show any symptoms of Covid-19. You also need to be clear from any symptoms for at least 7 days: fever, persistent cough, loss of sense of smell/taste.
- Be aware that the Omicron variant can also manifest with more regular cold symptoms, such as sore throat, runny nose, sneezing or a headache. I would therefore like to request for you to do a lateral flow test on the day of the appointment if you are showing any regular cold symptoms and only attend if negative.
- Do not attend if you have recently travelled abroad and might have to quarantine until your negative PCR test result. Please follow the Government’s guidance and check which rules apply for which Countries.
- Do not attend if you have been in contact with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 10 days if not fully vaccinated and you therefore are self-isolating. If vaccinated, you will need to have daily negative lateral flow tests to attend.
- On top of regular handwashing, also regularly disinfect everyday equipment which comes into contact with your hands before your arrival: mobile phone, keys, bank cards, car steering wheel…
- Attend appointments alone where possible.
- If possible, put on a clean mask upon arrival.
- Wait in the car park until collected by the practitioner or as an alternative and if you prefer, the front door and waiting room are now open. Adhere to 2m distancing once inside the premises. I will check both areas when I come and collect you.
- You will attend the hygiene station, where you will be required to use the alcohol hand sanitiser. Try not to touch your face afterwards and re-apply alcohol gel if you do need to do so. Your temperature will also be taken – unfortunately a high temperature will mean no treatment will be possible. The clinic’s QR code is available to scan on your Track and Trace app. My own personal QR code linked only to me is available in the treatment room.
- Bring along your own large bath towel to cover yourself for warmth and privacy.
- Leave the practice via the waiting room, where you can pay and possibly re-book and then use the front door to exit, all the time adhering to the 2m distancing rules. If possible, pay electronically.
- If you are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 10 days after leaving the clinic of your last appointment, please notify the clinic immediately. In the eventuality that the practitioner gets symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of having close contact with you during the appointment and then later tests positive, I am obligated under law to provide your name, phone number or email and the date and time of your visit to the Test and Trace service. Please note that by attending the appointment you give consent for this. I am happy to confirm however that, on top of still having natural anti-bodies present in June & December 2020 and June 2021, I also have received 3 vaccine doses.
Commitment by the Practitioner:
- All hard surfaces will be disinfected in between each patient. All soft furnishings are wipe-clean only. Clean needling techniques will apply as they did before. The clinic room will also be regularly aired and HEPA filter is installed in addition..
- I will collect patients from the car park or the waiting room
- The practitioner will adhere to the usual clinic/hand hygiene already in place before the Covid-19 issues and additionally will wear daily laundered workwear, a clean facemask, apron and eye protection before approaching the patient for treatment purposes. I have taken and passed the WHO “Hand Hygiene”, “How to put on PPE” and “Infection Prevention and Control for Novel Corona Virus” courses. In addition, I have also passed several NHS hygiene and infection control courses related to vaccination and am a trained vaccinator with CSH Surrey.
- I am lucky to be able to work in a well aired and large enough treatment room, which assures us enough space to be able to limit the closer contact time to the actual treatment itself only.
- When the treatment is finished, the practitioner will guide the patient to the waiting area, where the patient can pay and possibly re-book. Please adhere to 2m distancing rule to save our fellow practitioners, patients and desk staff. The clinic has its own safe practice protocol in place, so desk employees will have their own protocols to adhere to, including disinfecting the payment machines after every use and heavy traffic areas at regular time intervals.
You will be given the following consent form to sign on arrival. Please go through it now before attending the clinic: Covid-19 consent form
Nadia Sempels – www.nadiasempelsacupuncture.co.uk